Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bubba's Texas Burger Shack


Bubba's Texas Burger Shack
5230 Westpark Dr.
Houston, TX 77056
(713) 661-1622

     The burger here is unstoppable.  It's most definitely one of the best Houston has to offer. I've driven by this place many times very intrigued to say the least. I've heard good things, but how good could a burger be out of some shack UNDER westpark tollway? Oh man was I wrong. The buffalo burger here doesn't lose any juice or succulence as many buffalo patties do. There is a distinct difference between buffalo and beef, but as far as texture and flavor goes at Bubba's, they're equals. Some of the pros of this place include the amazing history as soon as you walk in the place, the atmosphere is warm and welcoming, the service is superb, and the food is astronomically amazing for the price. Cons... well the only con I can think of is you don't get the option of fries or onion rings. They just don't do that here. You can opt for a bag of chips or jalapeno potato salad, but it's just not the same. If you're rushed enough to get your order to-go and not sit and enjoy the scenery, ask for a little to-go cup of there amazing habanero sauce. It definitely adds a spark to the burger worth trying!

     As mentioned in my first posting, I said I'd come up with a way to rate places I visited.  Well, any time I'm reviewing a restaurant of any kind, I'll be using the YES!™ system.  I'll be giving a possible 5 stars for each category:  Y is for Yum Factor.  Each star given in this category will let you know just how yummy the food was.  E is for Environment.  Here, I'll be judging the atmosphere of the establishment on how comfortable/uncomfortable I was and the overall ambiance.  S is for Service.  I'll rate the quality, promptness, and attitude of the service provided at each place. And last but not least, ! will represent the wow factor, something that stood out and blew my mind.

     So here goes, my first rating.  Bubba's Texas Burger Shack, you are about to receive my first rating:

Bubba's Texas Burger Shack:
Y= ☆☆☆☆☆ GREAT burger
E= ☆☆☆☆ Really unique place with lots of history
S= ☆☆☆☆☆ Incredibly nice and fast
!= ☆☆☆ Wow Factor: The habanero sauce.  It really was great.  Not the best, but good nonetheless.
Overall= 4.25 Stars

***Feel free to add your own ratings below!***

1 comment:

  1. The owner comes out on Sunday mornings for brunch. They even serve mimosas (you pay for the OJ; the champagne is free).

    ReplyDelete